Virginia-Highland is a trendy and vibrant neighborhood located in Atlanta, Georgia. Known for its unique character, charming bungalows, and historic homes, Virginia-Highland offers a lively atmosphere and a diverse range of amenities. more here
Here are some key features and highlights of the neighborhood:
1. Charming Architecture: Virginia-Highland is characterized by its picturesque tree-lined streets, historic homes, and charming bungalows. The neighborhood's architectural styles vary, ranging from Craftsman and Tudor to Victorian and Colonial Revival. The well-preserved homes and gardens contribute to the neighborhood's distinctive charm.
2. Eclectic Shops and Boutiques: Virginia-Highland is renowned for its eclectic mix of shops and boutiques. Explore unique and independent retailers offering a wide range of products, including fashion, home decor, antiques, and specialty items. From trendy clothing boutiques to vintage shops and local art galleries, you'll find a diverse selection of shopping opportunities in the neighborhood.
3. Dining and Nightlife: Virginia-Highland is a food lover's paradise, with an abundance of dining options to suit various tastes and preferences. The neighborhood offers a mix of restaurants, cafes, gastropubs, and bars serving a range of cuisines, from international flavors to Southern comfort food. Whether you're looking for a cozy brunch spot, a trendy dinner destination, or a lively bar for evening drinks, Virginia-Highland has you covered.
4. Summerfest Arts Festival: Virginia-Highland hosts the annual Summerfest arts festival, a highly anticipated event in the neighborhood. This two-day festival features live music, arts and crafts vendors, a juried artist market, a 5K race, a Kidsfest area, and a vibrant street market. Summerfest is a celebration of art, music, and community that attracts visitors from all over the city.
5. Parks and Green Spaces: The neighborhood is home to several parks and green spaces, providing residents and visitors with opportunities to relax and enjoy the outdoors. John Howell Memorial Park and Orme Park offer recreational areas, playgrounds, and picnic spots. The Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail, a popular multi-use trail, also runs through Virginia-Highland, providing a scenic route for walking, jogging, or biking.
6. Community Spirit: Virginia-Highland is known for its strong sense of community and neighborhood pride. The residents actively participate in neighborhood associations and community initiatives to maintain and enhance the area's character. The neighborhood also hosts regular events, such as porch parties, neighborhood clean-ups, and holiday celebrations, fostering a close-knit and welcoming community atmosphere.
Virginia-Highland offers a unique blend of historic charm, trendy shops and eateries, and a vibrant community spirit. Whether you're exploring the neighborhood's diverse shopping scene, enjoying a meal at a local restaurant, or immersing yourself in the festivities of Summerfest, Virginia-Highland provides a lively and welcoming experience for residents and visitors alike. view more
© Atlanta Masonry Contractors 2023
This is a referral website. All work is completed by licensed, professional contractors.